Updated: Mar 1
Fall and early winter are the best times to introduce some festive foods into your diet. One of my personal favorites is pumpkin pancakes. Here is T&M’s personal recipe:
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1+1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1+1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
2 Large Eggs
4 Tablespoons Butter Melted
1+1/2 Cups Milk
1. Heat griddle or medium sized pan to medium.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the brown and granulated sugars, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, eggs, melted butter, and milk.
4. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Don’t be scared if it’s lumpy!
5. Let the batter sit for a few minutes.
6. Spray your griddle or pan with nonstick spray. Pour about ⅓ cup of batter onto the pan for each pancake.
7. Cook each pancake for about four minutes per side.
8. Serve with syrup, powdered sugar, nuts, or fruit.
One of my favorite things about the holiday season is all the festive food that I get to cook in the fall and early winter. A seasonal twist on a go-to breakfast food always gets my friends and me into a spirit of gratitude, laughter, and celebration. Pancakes are quick, easy, inexpensive, and the perfect incentive to jump out of bed just a little bit earlier on Saturday mornings. Keep in mind that if you aren’t particularly savvy in the kitchen, pre-made batter and kits are available at most large grocery chains.
The way I see it, the key to any great pancake is to pair it with warm syrup. Who needs to stay in a warm bed if your breakfast can keep you cozy just as well? Tossing on a few nuts and little bit of powdered sugar can even make you feel healthy (almost). If you invite a group of people, go ahead and offer coffee, orange juice, and mimosas to kick start your everyone’s day.
written by Jessica Fields
T&M Blog | TurnerAndMacy.com | Published with the help of TUIO Media